Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Kinvara

During Junior year cross-country I had ankle problems at the beginning of the year. They hurt very badly and my coach thought that it might be because of my shoes. At the time I was wearing Reebok Zigs and I thought that they were good shoes. I went to a running store and got two new pairs of shoes. One was a Brooks Pure Run and the other was a Saucony Kinvara 2. Both of the shoes felt very comfortable to wear and were lightweight. Over the rest of the season I began to like the pair of Kinvaras more and more. I wore them through the winter and in the spring, I got the next installment of them, the Kinvara 3s. I liked these too because they were even more lightweight. But these shoes began to have holes in them. I looked online to see if it was a normal problem and I found that it was extremely common. I liked the shoes, though, and kept wearing them until they were too worn out to wear. After they were completely worn out, I bought the Kinvara 4s. I didn't know if the same problem with the holes would persist on the new shoes. They did but because they still felt so comfortable to run in I have kept running in them. Now those shoes are getting worn out and I will probably buy the new Kinvara 5s this summer. They have apparently fixed the problem with the holes so i am excited to find out if it is true.
Overall the Kinvara is a wonderful shoe. It is very lightweight while not sacrificing cushioning or comfortability. The holes are just a cosmetic issue and won't influence the performance of the shoe.

No comments:

Post a Comment