Monday, March 10, 2014

Track and Cold Weather

Today is the first day of track and since I got cut from the baseball team last year, I will be running track again. Although it's kinda warmer today than is has been recently, I know that it'll get colder later this week and next. Because of this, I was wondering what the cold does to your running. In my experiences, the temperature of 60 degrees is the best running weather for me. Any hotter and I'd start to dehydrate quickly, and any colder I'd feel too cold and want to quit my run. I googled the subject and found the website http://runnersconnect.net/running-training-articles/running-in-the-cold// very helpful. In the article, it explains that when running in cold weather your body uses its energy reserves more quickly and your muscles are less efficient. It says that you can stop these side-effects by wearing warm clothing and warming up before a race. Also, it says to mind your carbohydrate and liquid intake so you won't become dehydrated or hit the wall and lose all of your energy. Although running in cold weather can be challenging, your can overcome it and continue your training throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment